1 Month Loc Update




HeY hEy HEY!

I can hardly believe it's been over a month already-Woohoo! I'm super excited and I have been very patient thus far, as my little cocoons are slowly blossoming into caterpillars. Patience is definitely key. For the most part things have been copasetic, but I will say the only thing that had been bothering me a is how the back of my hair looked while I was at work. It didn't seem to bother me any other times though. I guess I would rather look more polished at work than when I'm home or running the streets. I would throw a headwrap, baseball cap or a fedora on and keep it moving......
                            

I mentioned in my last post that I didn't see much growth, but after my retwist I could tell that I actually had more than I thought. For every small thing I am grateful.

I've been searching YouTube for tips, and one thing I ran across that I had never heard of before was Aloe Vera gel used as a hair gel. I want to make sure I don't acquire a lot of buildup in my cocoons once they become butterflies, so I had been searching for different methods to avoid such. I went to Home Depot to purchase my AV plant, but along the way I got distracted.....

and a little more distracted......

and a little more distracted.....
 Until I realized my husband and kids were stilll in the car waiting for me! I LOVE pretty plants and flowers-naturally I would be distracted by these babies! So then I found Patience-YEP, I named her. 
Isn't she beautiful! 

Once I brought her back home I decided to get my sister to clean my scalp for me with lemon water....


What I should have done was add something to the lemon water for my itchy/dry scalp. Here are pictures of my hair right after my scalp was all cleaned up, but before my retwist.
Not too bad at all right? Most of the frizzies were located in the back. The top and sides seemed decent to me. Then the twisting began..

And then, presto! My 1 month loc retwist..
I was feeling them even more the next day. You won't believe who did my retwist? I couldn't make it back up to Atlanta to see my loctition so my wonderful husband did them for me. He's so sweet! 
Ready for month 2!!! 

Happy Locking!
Reshanda ❤️



















Comments