Why I started my loc journey over??


I’ve heard before that when a woman goes through something she takes it out on her hair. I have to admit that this is what happened with me. At the end of July in 2018, after almost three years loc’d and going through a terrible heartbreak in my marriage, sadly I took it out on my hair. Although I had been missing my loose natural hair and had also been toying with the thought of cutting my hair-I let my emotional self take control of my actions. While I truly enjoyed my last set of locs, and all of its phases-I grew tired. I THOUGHT I wanted twist outs, coil outs and a fro again, but as time went on I missed having my locs. Below are a few pictures of the last stages of my locs(June and July of 2018).


 



The above pictures are from when I actually combed out my locks. The shrinkage was extremely real! I blew it out and got it pressed, did a couple of twist outs and wash and go's, but I mainly kept it up in a bun. What's the point of "wearing my hair loose” if all I was going to do was wear it tucked away in a bun. It became a lot of work-too much work from the previous two years of basically no maintenance at all. So yep, I was ready for my locs back after that. 

Since my loctician is about 2 hours away from me and it was a spur of the moment deal I decided to try tiny two strand twists. They turned out well so I thought. It's been 4 months since I started them and the only maintenance I've had has been a couple of washes and a retwist. My starter locs are much smaller this time around and I didn't want to do a lot of twisting and manipulating to them. I am  having them interlocked soon until they begin to loc well. I am going to do a much better job of keeping you guys updated on my journey. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qH51W9b5Kj3hoaKqEF2FyKtvDgYONQBS


Reshanda ♥️

Comments